Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Here's a few more details about the birth:
I'd been having bad back pain constant for a few days and nothing was helping, vicodin or heating pads. On Saturday night every time I got up to use the restroom I would get naseous and get sick. By yesterday morning when the doctors rounded they saw how I was feeling and ordered blood work. My magnesium levels (the meds that stop me from contracting) were at a dangerous level so they had to turn off the medication. My body was also showing signs of my liver failing after they got the blood results. By around noon the doctor didn't like the way I was looking and feeling with my back so she decided to check me. I was 4 centimeters dilated with the lowest baby sitting right on my cervix and the bag bulging. Bad thing is I had that stitch in my cervix which meant I was tearing through, not good! So by 2:15 I was wheeled off for delivery. Luckily Hubby was down with the kids visiting and my IM only had a short drive. My IF was out of the area so he missed the birth.
All but The smallest baby are breathing room air but he's only on a nasal canula, not fully intubated, things could change from day to day with any of them but they look great now. My IM has spent all her time in there with them trying to comfort any that cry. They even let her hold 3 of them skin to skin last night.
I haven't seen the babies yet but my mom brought back some cute pictures she took for my kiddos and I to see. I should be seeing them in the next few hours once my bleeding is a bit better and I can sit long enough.

Well, that's it! We had a storybook happy ending! All the time, pain and frustration was worth it knowing there are 4 healthy as can be babies here now.

3 comments:

  1. Great job. Because of you and your willingness to put the good of the babies above your own comfort and desires, those babies are big and healthy. You are the epitome of a good surrogate. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing now? Thinking of you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please update and let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete