Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

31 Weeks 2 Days

Still here and preggo, things are getting a lot harder. Not much has changed. I'm still in the early stages of pre e so nothing drastic will be happening right now. We are talking about making some changes/compromises like turning off the mag at 32 weeks since my contractions are easily controlled with terbutaline and giving me more freedoms and privileges. Although, with the way I'm feeling I know my body and I don't think I'll make it much farther, we'll see.

Thought I'd share some pics:
The hospital bed rest preggo ladies convoy going outside for some fresh air.
Photobucket
Our support group we made up. Except the one on the very right (triplets) decided to go into labor and delivered about 3 hours after this picture...boo!
Photobucket
My silly girls
Photobucket
Me and my girls
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You are doing an amazing job growing those babies. I can't believe you've made it this far. There were a couple of surrogates though, that were kind of concerned when you mentioned being put on terbutaline and I just wanted to make sure you knew about that medicine. FDA guidelines specifically saying it can cause serious maternal heart problems and death. The warning reads, "the FDA concluded that the risk of... serious adverse events outweighs any potential benefit to pregnant patients for either prolonged use of terbutaline injection beyond 48-72 hours or use of oral terbutaline for prevention or treatment of preterm labor. You are an amazingly strong woman, just thought I should make sure you knew, I would want someone to do the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cool about the maternity parade :) Nice to have a support group. Not that it is our business, but the two women who delivered, how are the babies? They barely looked pregnant (or maybe because they were sitting)?

    You are doing great!

    Also- regarding Jennifer's comment . . . I thought the same thing. Luckily I was only on Terbut. for a week but when you had to start so early I was a bit worried, but thought you may deliver soon . . . but your uterus is doing a great job of keeping those kiddos in!

    @Jenn- I would want to know too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to comment that only you and the triplet mom look pregnant. The other two moms on bedrest must be very early or just not showing much. :) You look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your concern about the terb. I have only been given terb Injections periodically to control the contractions when the mag wasn't enough. I was and still am aware of the FDA findings but there's always 2 sides to every story :) My peri is world renowned and has delivered more quads than any other doctor. My health is his number 1 concern and he's never lost a mom.
    I'm so grateful for all the comments, I read them all. It means a lot to me to have support from everywhere.
    The only one of us that has delivered is the one on the very right (purple shirt), I'm in the white shirt. The one left of me has a singleton and is 1 or 2 weeks ahead of me. The only on the very left has twins but is only 21+ weeks preggo and ruptured. We might gain more ladies again as the time goes by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHH okay, I totally read that wrong. I thought it said everyone but her decided to deliver. This makes much more sense! LOL

    ReplyDelete