Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

17 Weeks

Saw our OB again on Thursday, all the babies looked great and measured well. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by. Within a matter of weeks I will stop working then we'll be off to relocate.
Everyone at my house is sick right now. The kids started with high fevers for a few days then coughs and some sort of stomach virus. Then, I got sick. I haven't been able to to work for the last few days and strangely, most of the pain and discomfort from this cold is going straight to my back. I have a horrible cough that rattles my belly each time, almost gives me a side ache sort of pain after I've been doing it for awhile. I'll be grateful when I feel better and can get some decent sleep.
I can feel the babies moving around much more now, they seem to be so squished in there. I am also surprised that I can actually tell where each baby is positioned in my belly. There's one little guy on my right side at the very top that likes to give me jabs when I move or turn a certain way. He's a funny little thing. There's also two lower ones on my left side that are pretty quiet unless you rub on my belly. The little gate keeper on my lower left side is really close to my cervix and at this point I can really only feel him if I cross my legs.
I've already started in with the lovely painless Braxton Hicks contractions. Doctor said at this point it's nothing to be worried about since I'm showing no change. I'm hopeful that my body will hold on as long as possible especially since this isn't my first pregnancy. I think at this point, simply being grateful that we've gotten this far with out complications is a blessing and a sign. I'm just hoping we will have things timed accordingly and if problems arise we will already be near the doctor and hospital. The staff and hospital in my area are not equipped for this sort of pregnancy and I would have very strong doubts in their abilities to accurately diagnose problems.

Can't believe how big my belly is...

1 comment: