Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

11 weeks

We've made it to 11 weeks. I'm feeling better each day, working through the nausea and lack of appetite. I haven't gained any weight yet but have stopped losing weight. My belly is officially growing and I brought out my old maternity clothes and got them all washed and ready to wear. Although, I cannot break down and put away my regular clothes yet, not sure I won't end up still trying to wear them, only problem is if I don't there's no room in my closet for the maternity clothes. So, in the basket they sit.

My mom is here and I couldn't be happier! She has been making wonderful organic meals for me and my family. It's so reassuring knowing she's here and the kids will be taken care of no matter what happens. She's doing the shopping and helps me clean up around the house. I feel so relaxed and at ease. We had a wonderful cooking session the other day with a woman that teaches the benefits of organic holistic cooking and eating. It was definitely a lot to take in and would take years to incorporate into our lifestyle but it was interesting and worth the experience.

We haven't made any decisions for sure yet but my IP's are doing their very best to research and contact the best OB's in California. They are trying the find a combination of a great and experienced OB along with a top children's hospital for the babies. The idea is to have an OB that has proven experience with having HOM born at a later number of weeks than the national average which is around 30-31 weeks. We also want the hospital to be capable of handling 4 babies and any medical needs they may have without having to be transported to a different hospital, those moments in transport are crucial and can be detrimental to their health. We know that it's important to stay goal oriented and support one another on the potential of this goal we all share. I know the hardest moments are yet to come and working on focusing on the ease things are at this point in the pregnancy.

We had another great ultrasound, the first in many weeks. I was able to have my mom come with me to see them for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised by how big and developed they all were. I was expecting blobs but they had defined arms and hands, faces, legs and feet. We had the same ultrasound technician as the first appointment when we found out there were 4 and she was glad to see the progress. All the babies are in their own sacs and have great heartbeats, around 170. They all measured right on target and wore wiggling all around. The only thing missing was my IP's. I'm sad they couldn't be closer to see these special moments with their babies.


1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you cover this later but are any identical or are all 4 fraternal? My identical surro-twins had 2 different sacs so I thought I'd ask.

    ReplyDelete